Art & Design
- Chelsea Art Galleries – Hundreds of galleries are at your disposal in Chelsea. Here, you’ll find art ranging from the classic to the contemporary.
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) – This New York City fixture offers both permanent and rotating exhibits of contemporary art, from artists such as Ansel Adams to Pablo Picasso. Prepare to be wowed by dramatic settings and stunning artwork right in Midtown. (212) 708-9400
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum – First, marvel at the iconic spiraling structure designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, then gaze at works by artists such as Manet, Chagall, Kandinsky, and Mapplethorpe. Explore the museum as Wright wished, starting at the bottom and winding your way to the top. (212) 423-3575
- The Frick Collection – Housed in an opulent mansion, the Henry Clay Frick House on the Upper East Side, the Frick Collection is a notable art museum that boasts European artwork, furnishings, and more. (212) 288-0700
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – The Met offers a collection of more than 2 million pieces of art, ranging from ancient works to modern styles, along with photographs and artifacts. (212) 535-7710
- Whitney Museum of American Art – At the Whitney, stunning modern structures converge with timeless works of art. Explore permanent collections of 20th century and contemporary American works. (212) 570-3600